Starting Sunday, February 6, 2022, we will have 2 worship services every Sunday morning: 8:30am and 11am.
The council has deliberated much in the last few years on worship. Here is what we have decided based on a combination of listening to members as well as discerning what is best during COVID. If you remember, 2019-2020 was supposed to be an experimental year. We began the year with two services, went to one service in the winter, and had just returned to two services when COVID changed our plans. Thus, we never got to finish our experiment and deliberate. For that reason:
- We will continue to have one 9:30am worship service through January.
- February- May we will return to 8:30 and 11am services with traditional and contemporary styles.
- In May we will have a congregational meeting to discuss the future.
As a refresher, here are some of the reasons why we began this conversation in the first place: (Think 2019)
- There had been less and less people in both worship services over time
- It was getting harder to find greeters, ushers, and readers for both services and we were relying on the same people repeatedly
- We wanted to see if we could combine worship in a creative way and be “together” as one congregation each week
We still want to have conversation together. Just a few reminders as we move along this process:
- When we sing a certain song or hymn, use parts of liturgy, or even do a certain ritual, you can be sure that even if you don’t care for it, someone in the congregation finds it deeply meaningful.
- We also don’t know what is most meaningful to you unless you tell us! Feel free to write down your favorite hymns/songs/ rituals, and we will try to include them more.
- Honest and kind conversation is how Christian churches need to communicate. Please assume we are all trying to do what is best the church. Anonymous letters or ultimatums have no place in our Church. This is a great time for us to practice what is best. Honest, open, and kind conversation.